Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It was a cold, rainy night... o_o GAH.

So last night, I was assigned to sleep in the living room. They were doing some renovating in the bedroom and needed some stuff to be moved out (including my bed). It was fine by me, really, because I've slept in the living room often times before, mostly by my own volition. It's pretty cold down there, even during the summer, plus there's the tv close at hand:)

I finally went to lie down at about 11.30 and went through the usual struggles of transitioning from the conscious to the not so conscious. And as slumber was about to drift in my foggy mind, I heard a note.

Oh, not just any note.

You see, the piano was, what, an arm's length away from my bed. And it played a quiet, low note. It was possibly the lowest key in that gosh-darned piano. And heaven knows that those low keys are pretty heavy, so rats are out of the question. Even if it was one heck of a giant, flea-infested rat.  So rationally, I thought (hoped, too) that maybe it was the neighbor. They have a piano and, you know, it makes sense.

But the next thing that happened shook my spine and squeezed my heart into a melted mess.

A cacophony (ooh) of really scary sounding notes rumbled out of the piano. Now, at this time, I was terrified and immobile; I daren't move. Now, the theory that it was the neighbor that was doing it was pretty much dead. I was trying my best to concoct a rational explanation to everything that was happening, but I couldn't think of anything.

And then it did it again. Invisible fingers were going berserk on those heavy keys. Then, there was silence. My heart was pounding, and I no longer felt cold. I dared to look at the piano.
There was nothing there..

I prayed. Really, really hard. I begged God to send me over an angel, heck, hundreds of angels, to protect me from whatever it is. (Hey, if it can move keys, it can probably move friggin' knives, too). After I prayed really, really hard, I managed to sleep without incident.

And up until now, I still wonder what it really was. (Prior to this, I just watched Neil Gaiman's movie, MirrorMask, and finished his book, American Gods. And doing that really gave me one wild imagination).

4 comments:

  1. O_________O S C A R Y....let's have a slumber party in your house! =p hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! then it was an honor to have that musical experience, sire! XD

    ReplyDelete