Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Notes From Yesterday's Green Yellow-Pad.

Yesterday, I saw a lady jeepney driver.
She braided her long hair back, wore a denim jumpsuit, smoked, and drove like a devil.
I saw her orange jeepney from the bus.
One moment she was right outside my window
and a few seconds later she was gone.
(Like, wow.) I've been waiting for this day to come.

I was on my way to school for an unusual meeting thinking I was late,
but I turned out to be the first one there.
I spent a while rereading memorable parts of my inbox when a groupmate tottered up.

Our task was to eat balot and write a poem about it.
Here's mine:

In our hands lay a river stone
Where inside red rivers coursed through like in maps of old.
We are gods
Moving the world with our tongues
Breaking, destroying, engulfing,
Marveling in the iron taste.
Wanting more.

It was edited to go with all the other people's stanzas, and that group output was awesomer.
We presented it today and everybody was impressed (or so I like to think.)
On the way home, I kept chuckling and smiling to myself on the jeep, bus, and tricycle.
Everybody must think that I'm either in love or retarded.

Thanks to Gino for keeping three-fourths of me un-drenched today and sacrificing one-fourths of yourself. You are a darling. I promise to bring my umbrella from now on and repay you one unsuspecting rainy day.


So here I am in an internet store, because the laptop at home has been kept away from me. I'm trying to concentrate on the mysteries of how floating counters came to be, but I'm just itching to be somewhere else.


8 comments:

  1. Your balut poem is magnificent. Oh how I admire the strokes of thy pen, weaver of words! (I am reading William S. sonnets right now but your poem about fertilized duck eggs stirs more emotion in me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for you to get published, Eandra :3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get published please! So I can buy your book and you can sign it for me, and I can brag about your awesomeness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It happened this morning, too, while I was remembering things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HANNZY!

    Just felt like calling you that. Haha. Thank youu <3
    :3 It's probably the oddest thing I've ever written about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hullo, Barbie :3 I am extremely flattered by your comment. Nobody's ever suggested bragging about my awesomeness before. As for that book, we shall see <3

    ReplyDelete