Monday, May 17, 2010

Someone Must Have Cut the Seconds in Half.

My mum and I went to a piano store the other day. It was owned by a lithe, young man who had music at his fingertips. (He looked a bit like a gangster hero, really, but if you put a bowtie on him, you won't be able to tell.)

Ah, music must be a wonderful thing to own.

After lunch, I turned on a little Satie and nestled in the corner of a cold room. I imagined it was a rainy day and the next thing I knew, it was almost 5. Our days are so fragile. We can kill them instantly.

What if I decided to live my life for myself and imagined that it was how it's supposed to be? Then I might wake up one day and realize that I'm already confined to a wheelchair or something and I can't do a thing about it. I guess in that way, our lives our fragile, too. We shouldn't delude ourselves.

1 comment: