Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Am Not Korean, As Was Suspected.

Me and me mum went to try Cafe Monaco for dinner, because purportedly*, they serve excellent food. Beep-beep is on duty tonight, so she wasn't able to go with. (*Source: GCC people and Michelle's driver haha)

So um, we enter, quite awkwardly, and I try to figure out which theme fits because:

 A. I've always thought it was some posh European cafe, as according to Wiki, Monaco is a small sovereign city-state located in South Western Europe.

B. They play Western pop, r&b, old songs, and the occasional rap.

C. They have a dodgy, downtown air.

D. The menu includes Korean, Japanese, and normal foods (just in case?).

I wasn't able to conclude anything. But we decided to order chapchae and the infamous bibimbap, which I've always thought was spelled beebeembap, and was a song you dance to.

We were served the Korean appetizers first.

Mm, yes,.. er.. appetizing.

It might be apparent to you at this point that I am not used to Cafe Monaco, or Korean food, but it was actually quite good (the appetizer), except for the fact that it was really really spicy, and I had to dampen my flaming mouth with water, which dampened my appetite just a bit as well.

My mom went *___* after taking a bite XD WE = N00B at spicy foods.


So after the rather eventful shot at Korean food, I was quite apprehensive about the meals we ordered. At some point I asked my mom what we were doing in there, to which she just continued to sheepishly chew her chapchae, which was a bit normal-er.

And so the Bibimbap came, and thankfully, it looked harmless. It's just that it had ketchup in the middle of everything, and I hate ketchup, so I gave it all to my mom. She had it with the egg yolk, and then she went *_____* because...surprise, surprise, it wasn't ketchup, it was the infernally spicy goo from hell. And I laughed.

I quite like Cafe Monaco, the waiter-who-does-not-look-quite-like-one was very nice. I'll just stick with the ramen next time :3

30 comments:

  1. cafe monaco, my fave resto!! :D try mo ung tapa niya yummm :D ramen nga masarap :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. khewll, to think iniignore ko lng siya and i keep wondering why hndi pa nagcclose down kasi wala naman kumakain dun HAHA. OK PALA XDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the food in the pic looks unappetizing :( Sabi pa naman ni Rendell/Lawrence masarap! Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. anyeong haseo! hahaha
    you should say next time "eandra mi da! kamsameda!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. try mo tapa, babalikbalikan mo unnn! :D hahahhaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. "which I've always thought was spelled beebeembap, and was a song you dance to."

    maybe that's MMMbop by Hanson you're thinking of LOL.

    hmm... medyo sabog nga ung theme XD baka may little monaco sa korea or something o_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. dibaa sabi mo gustong gusto ni Reyes dun? Did I hear wrong?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honga eh D: Buti nlng hndi ako sumama sakanila nung first time and embarrass myself with bibimbap hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha! But I'm not korean! XDD

    I can say 'noh undahstan eenlglis!' convincingly though hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah XD in devil-tongue? HAHA. Khewl :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHA, you have to admit, it sounds silly.
    lols.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah XD in devil-tongue? HAHA. Khewl :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Si Rendell and Lawrence yun! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Noooo! D: I distinctly heard you say Reyes!
    Hahaha, woops, faulty sourcing haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think reading about your experience is better than actually being there, cause i actually get to know what's going through your head. =P

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha! i'm not so sure if that's a good thing XD although sometimes I do wish I can be in blog-mode in real time haha. I admit it's a bit more interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. tara! i wanna try! hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. hmmmmmmmm I wanna try eating there :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. hmm...monday?? is it a date?? XDD

    ReplyDelete
  20. natawa tlga aku after reading this! hahahaha and the ketchup! i know how u hate spag just for being ketchup-colored...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hahaha! Yeah, buti nalang I wasn't feeling adventurous, like I was with the carbonara hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahahahah!!! my favorite part = *__*

    hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  23. lols~ we really looked like that hahahaha

    ReplyDelete